Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 71 - Big Day at the Pool

No Rain + New Pool + Other People = Fun Times.

Rather than swing by my Mom's pool, we switched things up and went to my Dad's pool.

Yes, technically speaking, I have two private pools at my disposal. This is one of the many fringe benefits of divorce. Not to say every kid who comes out of a divorce suddenly gets two pools and a good upbringing...But if there ever was a plus side to divorce I would cite the fact I get double the vacations, Christmas gifts, and guilt than your average person from a "normal" family.

Anyway, point is the kids got some new scenery which is exciting in and of itself to a 3 or 4 year old.

Add my wacky aunt Suzy (I say wacky because shes from San Francisco, likes o travel to 3rd world countries and dresses up as a drag queen for those Gay Pride parades & festivals even though she is not gay and is already a woman...) to the mix and the kids had all they need for a fun afternoon.

Plus, when other people are there my job is sort of diminished because other people become very excited to hangout with the kids.

By the way, figured out today why I'm so neurotic. The kids come out of the house muttering about how they need to be quiet or else Ruth, my Dad & Stepmom's dog, will bite them.

I ask where this little white lie came from and my Dad lets me know it was him. Apparently, my Stepmom was taking a nap and rather than tell the kids to just be quiet he concocted this story...

So we have this convo:

"Dad, don't tell them that...Now they're going to be all freaked out and afraid of Ruth..."

"Oh. Good point. I haven't been around kids in a while...I mean, I used to tell you that though..."

"Yeah, and to this day I'm uneasy around big dogs being near my face...How about next time we go with the truth? Like maybe Kristy (stepmom) will bite their faces if they yell?"

"OK sounds good"

But all in all we had a rollicking good time. I even got some sun which is nice because I was getting creepy white.

See you punks tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment