Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 75 - Backfire

I told the kids to clean up their drawing area because it was a complete mess...

Owen, as usual, balked at helping clean up.

I don't know why but he has a tendency to do that and then, when I tell him to start helping out, he casually will pick up little tiny items as slowly as possible while the other two are lugging things...

So I tell the crowd:

"If one of you doesn't help clean up the other two get a surprise"

The idea being: If you do NOT clean up, you will have to watch your siblings enjoying a surprise of some sort while you sit there pouting.

I have explained the concept 5 times.

Everyone cleans up: No surprise

Only 2 of you clean up: 2 surprises

Two people sit out: 1 surprise for the hard worker

In my mind, this is a fairly normal and easy concept to grasp...but apparently it's not.

Either way, Owen kills me because he can be both the shyest, sweetest, most timid kid and at other points he's got this "I dont give a crap" attitude...He's going to be the kid who pisses off his teachers without being hated by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment