Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 55 - Last Night

So before I get into anything concerning today I wanted to run down this story from last night.

On the CEO's way home he called me to see if I had any interest getting dinner with the kids and him since the CFO would be working late.

He said he'd pay.

I said OK.

After a spirited and passionate discussion we settled on Applebees which seemed like a solid idea because I like chicken tenders...(Little did I know I would abort this plan later and then regret it)

So I meet them there and realize immediately this is going to be a wild event based on the fact they were all seated on the same side of the booth as the CEO and jostling for position. Then they all break into a tug-o-war with the 12 crayons (4 for each) the hostess handed them...

Awesome.

Actually, I take that back as Owen wasn't really involved and after I asked if anyone would sit with me so I didn't look weird he slid under the table and popped up on my side. He's a pretty cool little kid.

Anyway, CEO does the check/double-check on everyone's order (including my own) and then we nodded at the waitress in a come hither fashion.

She ambles over and we put in our order and then she brings over some Mozzarella sticks we ordered earlier (delicious)...Those were good fun because they were extra stretchy and the kids had a ball with this.

Eventually she brings over our food. This works out beautifully because for some unknown reason both Owen and Summer asked for mashed potatoes - which, in the end, they didn't want when they saw their dad and Ethan eating french fries...

(Note: this is why a lot of the time I don't even listen to them...I just give them what I know they'll eat not what they think they'll want...But you can't do that in a restaurant because they will go crazy)

So after eating our food and having Ethan pull the limbo and end up on my side too we got the check. For the record, the boys hated their grilled cheese's and Summer barely ate her chicken tenders...But otherwise it was a solid trip.

However, we weren't done yet...On the way in, the kids saw one of those crane games filled with cheap stuffed animals that almost no one ever wins and they were transfixed.

The CEO, seeing an opportunity to hold some incentive over their heads, promised the kids if they were good throughout dinner they could give it a whirl.

So they did.

And as the CEO is behind them helping each one aimlessly toss a weak crane about he and I enjoyed some fun back and forth about how worthless this game is. I believe my favorite line was this one from the CEO:

"Hey guys how about next time I'll just give you guys some quarters and you can throw them in the street..."

Point is - that game sucks.

Sorry for the late posts I've been busy...this new schedule makes things a bit more difficult...I'll figure it out soon enough...

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty funny. I have to share...my ex-husband had some not so great qualities, but he always won something from those crane games. I think I saw him miss once in 5 years. It was slightly amazing.

    ReplyDelete