Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 65 - Around The Way

Gahlee...Owen is a STICKLER for the rules...We just had a repeat showing of his Bill O'Reilly impression from the other day when, while discussing Ethan's crush on Miss Lindsey (he isn't here so we were free to get our laugh on), Summer says she has a crush...on a princess...

We both laugh.

Owen does not. Then he launches into his stump speech...Kid's like George Wallace...

Anyway, today was the last day of school which means next week I have NOTHING to do with these kids...Which is exactly what I've been waiting for...Hellooooo pool!

On my way in to pick up the kids I see the boys teacher, Mrs. Hickman, and she all of a sudden throws her fingers up into a cross like you would if you saw a vampire...This hurts my feelings before I realize she's doing it in reference to the UNC shirt I'm wearing...Apparently she likes NC State - Oh well.

(Side note: My little sister bought me this shirt and by bought I mean she used my Dads credit card. Regardless, I'm stoked she's going to UNC because it gives me an excuse to wear more Carolina blue which happens to be my favorite color. Score one for the little guy...)

On the way to exercise class we were listening to a great 70's soul/funk mix and midway through "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" I turned the music down enough to rejoin the conversation they apparently were carrying on and the first thing I catch is Owen saying something about people peeing all over Summer.

Since I am not into water sports, I turned the music back up.

After we dropped Ethan off at his exercise class - and put his picture of Miss Lindsey on her desk - the remaining three of us came home and ate lunch.

For the record, I literally put Owen in time out 2 minutes ago because for some unknown reason he pulled Summer's head. Not her hair. Her head.

When I asked what he did he played it totally cool and claimed that he didn't do anything. When I pushed a bit more he said he was just angry at her because he was eating...Which didn't even begin to make sense.

So I put him in timeout and after a minute or so I asked if he was ready to apologize to Summer.

"Uhhh...ahhhh...nah not yet..."

This, as one might expect, cracks me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment