Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 64 - Cool Morning

Nothing too wild so far.

Giving Ethan grief about this crush has been the highlight so far...He's still real embarrassed but also kind of likes the attention...

That being said, after a little bit of ribbing he started hollering

"You stop sayin that!" and when that didn't make me stop he would turn his back and say he couldn't hear me...But he was laughing the whole time so I think he's OK...

The peak of his embarrassment came when I told his teacher to ask him about his secret crush and Owen told her...He totally wants to marry Miss Lindsay.

After dropping the boys off, Summer and I went to that Ollie's place again to buy some coloring books...I ended up with 6 (2 each)...

Summer was pretty quiet and content for a little while and then comes up to me saying her hands are sticky. She was coloring so there is NO reason for them to be sticky.

So I ask her...

Summer, why are your hands sticky?

I dunno.

You were coloring...So what were you doing?

Nuffin.

Well then how are you sticky? Crayons aren't sticky?

(Shoulder shrug)

Go wash your hands.

I then go over to where she was coloring to see what was happening and realize that, once again, Summer has inexplicably taken a glue stick and just smeared it everywhere. She has done this multiple times and it kills me. For one, I don't even know why she has a glue stick when she never does arts & crafts...Secondly, I don't know why she uses it in such a pointless manner...

So now I'm not thrilled - mainly because she lied. I gave her the "If I ask you a question you need to tell me the truth...Or else you're lying and that's not very nice..."

I let her know if I catch her lying again it's going to hurt my feelings and then I won't buy her coloring books anymore.

But seriously...this time I mean it.

1 comment:

  1. Was it a Crayola blue glue stick? I have those in my classroom and the kids go nuts over them simply because its blue and they try to cover the entire surface of what they are gluing instead of just putting glue where it needs to be. If not, maybe she just likes the way the glue feels when it slides across the paper. Ya never know. They eventually grow out of that...but until about 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete