Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 67 - Couple Rants

1) I cannot stand crying. I've said this before but unless one of them is bleeding or in a heap on the ground then there is no need for tears. After months of being with me you would think they've learned this...Clearly, the weekend had them all out of whack because both Owen & Summer broke into crying fits this morning where I had to remind them of my rule...

"No crying, We're smiling"

It cracks me up how kids cry more to their parents than others...I feel like I cried to others more than I did to my mom...I mean, when I was a kid I once talked about running away and my Mom packed my bag for me and put it out on the porch. That will freak you out.

Then, after Ethan's latest exercise class (this kid is ripped like Richard Simmons), they wanted Slurpee's...Which was cool...Until I jokingly (I like being sarcastic with them because I hope they will one day soon be witty, sarcastic freaks of nature) said we wouldn't be getting Slurpee's and Summer cried like that fat girl in my 1st grade class who forgot her dessert.

(By the way - do you ever get confused as to which is dessert and which is desert? Whoever taught me that I usually want more dessert but I never want more desert deserves a huge prize. Moving on...)

Anyway, after she broke down crying I once again explained how I don't do things for them if they cry but, rather, when they're good. Once again, a smile makes me happy. Crying makes me want to beat them. I never would but you know what I mean...

2) In the battle of Miss Courtney's exercise class and The Others exercise class I will choose Miss Courtney's 107 times out of 100. The Others might even read this. I don't care because The Others like to get on my case if I arrive at 3:02 instead of 3:00 to pick Ethan up yet I have never heard a word of apology when they haven't been immediately ready to take him...Plus, Miss Courtney has never once called me at 2:59 when I'm supposed to pick him up at 3 mainly because Miss Courtney would always go over with him. I saw this as a sign of her caring more about Ethan than passing him back off to me. There I said it. Miss Courtney's for life. Plus, Miss Courtney is where Ethan fell in love for the first time...so yeah.

Free Extra Tidbit: CEO comes down to test out his new Verizon Fios cable...He makes a comment about how he's never had ESPNU before I hear him proclaim how "fantastic" this is...I look up and he's watching NCAA Women's softball. Cool, Boss, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment