Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 70 - Flashback Friday

So in honor of Flashback Friday I woke up and decided to wear my Mills E. Godwin JV basketball T-shirt from my sophomore year when I was a key contributor on an under .500 team...and by key contributor, I mean I almost never had to shower after games because I was bone dry and am pretty sure I only scored in one game...I did however get two T-shirts and a crappy pair of Adidas basketball shoes out of the deal which was nice...

Truth be told, I actually picked this shirt only because it has a tight collar. I have a thing for T-shirts with tight collars...I hate a loose neck. If your T-shirt is loose in the neck you inevitably look dirty and/or sweaty. I prefer my collars tight and this shirt has a great collar. It also says EAGLES on the back but that doesn't really matter much.

Anyway, we went to the pool for a bit which was all good and fun. The kids have suntan lotion with an SPF of 50...FIFTY!

I should just wrap them in a tarp...

Whatever happened to the days when moms would throw their kids out into the sun lotionless, free to get as dark as possible like my Mom would?

After the pool, we decided to go grab some ice cream...

Now, remember the shirt I'm wearing?

Once I pulled up to the Bruster's I noticed a couple adults looking over at me...Not in a "Should we call the cops on this guy" type of way but more the "I know him" kind of way...

Not knowing the connection I went on my merry way.

After we each got our cone and went to sit down, over walks this group and one of them calls me by my name.

So I look up and realize it's Mr. White, my geometry teacher from my Sophomore year of high school...

Now I'm standing there awkwardly talking to Mr. White who hasn't seen me since I was 17 with orange sherbet melting down my hand...

Turns out he knew about what I was doing because he had heard about the blog from some kid in his class.

For the record, I was awful at Math...like the worst. I hated it. I'm pretty sure my biggest accomplishment in that class was winning his NCAA Pool. Oddly enough, more than anything else, all I wanted to ask him was whether or not my name still goes up on the blackboard as a past champion...Probably not since it's been a decade...But I hope so.

Anyway, after he walks away I realize that I just ran into a teacher I had my sophomore year of high school while wearing a T-shirt that has my high schools name on it.

I'm 25 years old...

No comments:

Post a Comment