Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 58 - Someone Hates Me

I don't care if its God, Allah, Brigham Young or Bea Arthur - Someone upstairs hates me right now.

Remember how my car stopped working and then it, thankfully, was just a dead battery?

Last night, while driving to grab dinner with my sister my CD player just stopped working.

This, if you know me, is a huge issue for my well-being...

Now, while I'm not surprised what happened next DID surprise me.

I pick up my little sisters car which is newer than mine...In addition, she has a pretty much brand spanking new CD player that she loves...I know that sounds weird but she loves this thing. It flips down and has a remote and she just thinks it's the bee's knees. She's weird and obviously my sister...

However today, as I'm driving the kids to school, I'm having an adolescent flashback because the currently playing CD is a mix of all Dave Matthews Band songs...After thinking about every dance I ever went to, I decide to change from one song to the next and hit the button.

No response.

Hmmm...OK...I'll wait.

Still waiting...

More waiting...

What the eff is going on!? I should not have to wait this long for an electronic device to work in 2009...

I get antsy and instead decide to eject the CD and start fresh. So I hit the eject button.

Nothing.

I can hear whirling inside the CD player but I don't see the CD...

Panic starts to settle in since I realize that maybe I have some issues going on...It's like the opposite of the Midas Touch...

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled right now and I absolutely will not be going to the doctor any time soon out of fear I might have some crazy illness they can't solve.

AHHHHHHH

That being said, I love those kids. Even if I wake up bad or want to bash my head in because my car stereo is messing with me, they can shift the tide...

This morning, before the CD Player Fiasco, one of the songs on the CD was that new Black Eyed Peas song. As we're driving and it's playing, I glance in the rear view mirror only to see Ethan just bobbing his head perfectly in sync to the music...

So I tell him to throw his shoulders into it...and he does. Enthusiastically.

Kid's got flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment